Saturday, November 6, 2010

Episode 157 - A Zeo Beginning Part 2

We didn't talk about the opening theme last time, did we? Nope. Okay, opening theme. I like the Zeo theme. It gets stuck in my head a lot. I mean, we haven't quite lost the go go power rangers yet, and I will sulk like crazy when it happened. So, theme song. Still acceptable.

We open with everyone looking worried about Zordon, but of course, he's fine. He apologizes for not telling them about the Power Chamber beneath the Command Center, because he doesn't want to worry them. Because having a backup plan is worrying? I... fail to see the logic in that.

Tanya tries to show off her new knowledge of the Power Rangers, but she is told that no, it isn't Rita and Zedd, but instead the Machine Empire. Everyone asks a bunch of questions, which overloads Alpha's sensors. Poor Alpha.

Meanwhile, the Machine Empire is bickering among themselves. I love the Machines. Sprocket is a brat, but I can't really blame him, since he's been programmed to be a kid.

On the other hand, I hate the Bulk and Skull storyline. They take Rito and Goldar as their servants. Frankly, I think this is a few steps back in their character development, and it pisses me off like crazy.

Rita clubs Zedd with her wand, and then they head off in Serpenterra.

Back in the Power Chamber, Zordon fills them in with a bunch of exposition. They are then told that it's time for them to become Zeo Rangers.

Knowing what happened to David Yost this part makes me cry.

Even if it does make a little bit of sense with what we know about Billy's character.

Billy says that his experience with the Alien Rangers made him realize that he was more valuable behind the scenes and passes his powers onto Tanya. Oh, BILLY. *cuddles him so much* (Especially because David Yost really does not sound happy about it.)

The Rangers all get their new powers, complete with color change. (Kat remains pink, Tanya is yellow, Rocky is blue, Adam green, and Tommy is red, of course.) Alpha pats Billy on the shoulder when Rocky gets his color. Poor Rangers, they all need to go shopping for new clothes.

They all morph to go fight the Machine Empire and... confession time. I don't like the Zeo costumes. I think the giant strip of white at the collar is ugly. Also, this was the first costume change for these Rangers (not counting Aquitians, because they were a separate set) and I loved the original PR costumes. The Zeo ones are... okay? I guess? But I have been bitter for the last 14 years that they changed the costumes, so I will continue to be bitter about it.

After the Rangers defeat the cogs, Mondo actually takes it pretty well. He's all "oooh, a challenge." This is a much better attitude then Rita and Zedd have ever had, I've got to admit.

At the Youth center, the male Rangers (including Billy) are all loudly talking about how they're back, and the Zeo Crystal. On the bright side, Adam has nice arms. Tanya and Kat also show up and let us know that Tanya will be living with Kat and she'll be enrolled in Angel Grove starting tomorrow.

Billy is all angsty, but they remind him that once a ranger, always a ranger. Aww, team.

Fish: 1. As much as we may bot be pleased by the Billy development, it does make sense in character. And yeah, a lot of exposition, but it worked.

Fic we want: More reactions to the color switch.

No comments:

Post a Comment